Just like in the past, when the world changed forever with the arrival of the printing press or the railway, things have never been the same for the users or for companies since the arrival of the Internet.
Selling handicraft products online anywhere in the world, having decentralized teams thanks to collaborative software or working as a freelance for projects on the other side of the planet is possible as a result of the technological advances of the digital transformation era. One of the things that has changed the most is customer service, improved and optimized thanks to the progress of technology.
According to Oracle, 68% of users would acquire more products from brands that prioritize customer service. Microblogging, the incorporation of chatbots as available elements 24/7, virtual and augmented reality, real-time tracking of shipments with geolocation or email marketing are some key tools that have revolutionized customer service in this century.
Let’s look at five examples of brands that have achieved it thanks to a chatbot and other technologies.
5 leading and creative customer service brands
- Booking: The global tourism booking site has its Chatbot Booking Assistant, which stands out for its intuitive interface and its complete automatic responses for travelers. Online reservations in real time, flexible payment options, high personalization and 24/7 customer service define a complete and effective online service.
- Skyscanner: The popular online flight comparator is a useful digital tool that allows you to set alerts, the company has integrated chatbots in messaging apps like Telegram or Facebook Messenger in order to provide flight suggestions and also created a different version for virtual assistants like Alexa.
- Ebay: This is one of the most popular ecommerce platforms in the world, present in more than 30 countries. In addition to regularly optimizing its website or having a great search algorithm, eBay also developed a chatbot named Shopbot and implemented on Facebook Messenger. Thanks to it, users can find specific items or upload a photo that an Artificial Intelligence software will locate. Ideal to complete purchase processes.
- ImaginBank: The Caixabank mobile bank has also highlighted the incorporation of a chatbot as an innovative customer service channel, since its customers are generally proactive users with a digital native profile. It can be used both in Facebook and from the app itself, solving all kinds of questions, setting up personalized alerts or offering discounts and investment opportunities.
- Lidl: The Queen of supermarkets in regard to social networks, sieNDO an example of fantastic use of SocialMedia.With an active and massive presence on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, it provides its own specialized and quality content for its community of buyers, interacts and resolves doubts. Recipes, ideas, news, contests, videos and GIFs are key elements in your smart and creative digital marketing plan.